Ohio Auto Insurance
SafeAuto provides cheap car insurance across the state of Ohio that fits your life and budget while maintaining the coverage that meets Ohio’s minimum requirements for an auto policy.
GET YOUR QUOTE TODAY
JOIN THE SAFEAUTO FAMILY
ENJOY THE ROAD AHEAD!
REQUIRED COVERAGES IN OHIO
Liability insurance covers bodily injury and property damage claims resulting from an accident that is primarily your fault. The limits in your policy are the maximum amounts your insurance company will pay for bodily injury and property damage claims.
Our insurance follows Ohio law requirements, which are to maintain liability limits of the following:
$25,000 | Bodily Injury per Person
The first number is the maximum amount that your policy will pay for bodily injury to or death of one (1) person in any one (1) accident.
$50,000 | Bodily Injury per Accident
The maximum amount that your policy will pay for bodily injury to or death of two (2) or more persons in any one (1) accident, subject to the $25,000 per person limit.
$25,000 | Property Damage
The maximum amount that your policy will pay for injury to or destruction of property of others in an accident.
*Liability limits are typically expressed as three amounts separated by slashes written as 25/50/25 or 25,000/50,000/25,000.
Proof of Financial Responsibility & Penalties
What are the penalties for not having legal minimum car insurance?
- Loss of driving privileges for a minimum of ninety (90) days and up to two (2) years.
- License plates and vehicle registration suspension.
- First Violation: $75
- Second Violation: $250
- Third and Subsequent Violation: $500
- Vehicle immobilization and confiscation of plates for thirty (30) to sixty (60) days for violating Financial Responsibility suspension
- Third and subsequent offenses could result in loss of vehicle and a five (5) year suspension of vehicle registrations. Driving and registration privileges cannot be restored until all requirements of the suspension have been met.
Ohio Regional Auto Insurance
SafeAuto offers affordable car insurance throughout the entire Buckeye state! If you are looking for more information about car insurance in a specific Ohio city, more material can be found below:
- Akron Auto Insurance
- Cincinnati Auto Insurance
- Cleveland Auto Insurance
- Columbus Auto Insurance
- Toledo Auto Insurance
RELATED LINKSOhio BMV
Play It Safe with SafeAuto Insurance
Have a question for us at SafeAuto? Need to start a policy? Just want to talk? Call us at 1-800-SAFEAUTO or email us at email@example.com. For common questions, please consult our FAQ page.