Insurance Company Finds Preparation Is Key For Keeping Drivers Safe
October 23, 2007
COLUMBUS, Ohio—SafeAuto Insurance Company is offering drivers ten Road Readiness Tips to ensure driver safety and prevent accidents and breakdowns before they happen. SafeAuto's Road Readiness Tips are based on market experience and by tracking the most frequent customer reports from SafeAuto's free roadside assistance program.
"We pioneered the concept of keeping our customers legal for less, and keeping them safe is simply an extension of that spirit," said SafeAuto® president and chief operating officer Jon Diamond. "Our customers know that if they need assistance we'll be there for them. However, If we're able to keep our drivers on the road, or prevent a roadside tragedy, that's a benefit that can't be beat."
The company unveiled its free roadside assistance program in July of 2007. Since the program's initial roll out, more than 8,000 customers have used the service, adding up to more than 140 people every day. Based on emergency calls received from these customers, SafeAuto® has compiled a list of the most frequent roadside emergencies and ten simple tips to avoid them.
SafeAuto® recommends that all drivers should:
- Make sure tires are inflated to the proper pressure.
- Have a jack in the trunk and an inflated spare.
- Have an extra set of car keys kept in a secure and accessible location.
- Make it a point to change your oil regularly and top off your fluids -- maintain your car, it is an investment in your safety.
- Have your cell phone charged, working and with you.
- Jumper cables can be a lifesaver - make sure you have a set.
- Make sure insurance coverage is up to date - that means insurance premium paid in full.
- Pack water and snacks in case of a breakdown.
- Keep roadside markers or flares in your trunk - if you breakdown, they will help you flag attention.
- Make certain you have roadside assistance. If your insurer doesn't automatically provide roadside assistance as a benefit, check whether you can add it on top of your policy or consider the purchase.
SafeAuto Insurance Company was started in Ohio in 1993. As a provider of minimum insurance coverage and serving an underserved market, the company quickly expanded into Indiana, Kentucky, Georgia, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, Illinois, Arizona, Oklahoma and Texas. Today, the company provides minimum insurance coverage to automobile drivers in 13 states. SafeAuto® is a direct-to-consumer auto insurance company that does not rely on a middleman, which ultimately saves its clients money. The company specializes in minimum coverage to meet the law's requirements for automobile insurance coverage in every state in which it operates.
For more information visit http://www.safeauto.com.