Requirements for Acquiring Auto Insurance
SafeAuto wants to help you get the lowest possible auto insurance rates. Being familiar with your state's financial responsibility requirements is an easy way to start. Here is the most recent information for Kentucky:
The minimum amount of liability insurance coverage required to satisfy the Kentucky Financial Responsibility law is 25,000/50,000/10,000. This means that your insurance policy must insure you against loss in an accident where you have been determined to be at-fault for a minimum of:
- Twenty-five thousand dollars ($25,000) because of bodily injury to or death of one (1) person in any one (1) accident
- Fifty thousand dollars ($50,000) because of bodily injury to or death of two (2) or more persons in any one (1) accident, subject to the twenty-five thousand dollar($25,000) per person limit
- Ten thousand dollars ($10,000) because of injury to or destruction of property of others in an accident
Under Kentucky law, you must produce documentary proof of Financial Responsibility in the following circumstances:
- At the request of a law enforcement officer at the time of an accident or traffic stop
- When registering a vehicle
To ensure drivers continue to meet the Financial Responsibility requirements, Kentucky also requires insurers to electronically report all of their active policies on a monthly basis.
Failure to maintain proper insurance could lead to the loss of your vehicle plates and suspension of your driver's license. If a law enforcement officer stops you, you may face a fine of $500-$1000, be sentenced to ninety (90) days in jail, or both.
Link to Kentucky Division of Driver Licensing
GET THE RIGHT KENTUCKY CAR INSURANCE FOR THE RIGHT PRICE!
Kentucky is the 26th most populous state in the United States. We offer affordable car insurance throughout the entire Bluegrass State! If you are looking for more information about car insurance in the following Kentucky cities, more material can be found below:
If you have any further auto insurance questions please visit the FAQ page
or contact the SafeAuto Customer Service Department